Boy's Shared Room Makeover

Monday, August 18, 2014


1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5 // 6 // 7 // 8 // 9 // 10 // 11 // 12

We live in a fairly small house with most of our furniture handed down to us. We never felt the need to replace things since everything has been in working order and just fine. After Mason was born, that changed. I needed things to change and I wanted things that were mine. We started with the dinning room with a new table and chairs. We brought in some shelves that I had from years before and a new rug. It's a completely different room now and it's where we spend a lot of time now. After the feeling I got from the new dining room, I wanted more. So we recently moved Mason into Jackson's room. We've never really had any type of theme for either of the boy's, but since they are together now and have such a hodgepodge of crap, we decided to go with something. Jack has a loft bed from Ikea that has a little canopy that he calls his tent and says he's camping. So we went with that. It's going to be a work in progress for a while, but I am so excited to see it completed.

2 comments

  1. Bah! I love it so much. Reminds me of Henry's room. I got cool vintage plaid sheets on etsy for a fraction of what they were at Lamd of Nod. I'm making Henry a twin sized bear and wood fabric quilt this fall. So excited. Great work lady!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, lady! It's been fun so far... I just can't wait to actually get started. I wish I knew how to make stuff like that, then I could probably save a ton!

      Delete