Mini Donuts

Monday, August 11, 2014

 I like donuts. Ok, ok. I LOVE donuts. Like a lot. I don't buy them everyday, but you're damn skippy I would if I could! I've tried a few recipes in the past, but this one seemed to be just right.
 What you need:
1 cup AP flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup milk
1 large egg
3 tablespoons melted butter
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
+ your mix ins (I used mini-chocolate chips and rainbow sprinkles)

Glaze
1/4 cup milk
3 cups powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
toppings

I use the BabyCakes Mini Donut Maker and it's awesome. I've never tried anything else, so maybe I just don't know any better, but I really do love it. It makes perfect little donuts in record timing. Preheating takes 2 minutes. It's awesome.

For the donuts:
Whisk the flour, baking powder and soda, nutmeg, and sugar together in a medium sized bowl.
Whisk the milk, vanilla, egg and melted butter together until combined. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry. Don't over mix.

I separated the dough/batter into separate bowls to switch up the fillings. I used the mini chocolate chips in one and the other was tons of rainbow jimmies.

Spoon the batter into a ziplock plastic bag. Cut one tip at the bottom and pipe the batter into each cup. This is the easiest way I've found.

Bake until slightly brown. Let them cool completely before heading to the glazing faze.

For the glaze:
In a small saucepan, mix all the ingredients together over medium heat. Whisk together until everything is combined and the sugar is completely incorporated. Then switch off the heat and start dipping. I dipped each donut twice because I can. Then add the toppings while the glaze is cooling and setting.

For the chocolate/Nutella glaze:
In a small bowl, mix about 1/2 cup Nutella and a couple splashes of milk. Mix together until smooth. Then start incorporating some powdered sugar. I didn't measure this. It was about 1 1/2 cups. You just want it to be smooth and ribbon like. Then start dipping.


Post a Comment