Salty Dog

Monday, July 28, 2014

My all-time favorite cocktail is a Salty Dog. You may recognize it from maybe your grandmother. Yah. It is a rather "vintage" cocktail. There isn't much to it, but that's what makes it delicious.


You need: 
- Grapefruit juice
- Gin or Vodka (I prefer gin)
- Salt
- 1 lemon
- glass
- ice 
- small plate
- shaker


The first thing I do is cut the lemon in half and line the glass with the juice then dip into the salt. The lemon juice (or you could use honey) is best to keep the salt on the rim. Salt is a big figure in this cocktail. 


I do not own a bar shaker. Yup. I don't really see the need as I have 800 mason jars with perfectly good lids. I do need a bar strainer though. Anyway. In mason jar/shaker, add ice, grapefruit juice, and about a shot of gin or however much you'd like. Then shake. 
Then pour the drink into the rimmed with salt glass. I then garnished it with a little slice of lemon. 


Enjoy!

Post a Comment